It can be exciting to experiment with different essential oil blends for various uses. As a rule of thumb, if you are creating essential oil blends for use on a kid’s skin, make sure they are properly diluted beforehand. Kids tend to have more sensitive skin than adults, so it is important to be cautious and use the right essential oils. Below are a few DIY recipes we have put together that are measured to safety standards for kids 2+ years of age.
(15 minutes maximum diffusion time) Diffusing is generally considered one of the safest ways of using essential oils with your kids, and it is also the best way to introduce them to your kids.
Sleepy Time – for a restful sleep at night
- 2 drops of Lavender essential oil for its sedating and calming properties
- 2 drops of Lemon essential oil to support your child’s immunity
Homework Time – to stimulate the mind
- 3 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil to clear the mind while purifying air
- 2 drops of Rosemary essential oil to improve memory
- 2 drops of Lemon essential oil for alertness
Handpicked Related Content:
Which Essential Oils Are Safe to Use With Kids?
Even though essential oils are recognized as natural remedies for treating various ailments, they should be used with extra caution…Read More ›
The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide To Essential Oil
Embrace sweet orange essential oil for its immune boosting qualities.Read More ›
Calming topical blend for anxiety relief and restful sleep
(1.5% dilution rate is recommended for kids 2-6 years old. 2% dilution rate for 6-15 year olds. Mix well before use. )
“Nighty night” massage oil
- Glass bottle of small size (avoid plastic because of harmful chemicals seeping in)
- 4 drops of Lavender essential oil because it is gentle on a child’s skin and very soothing
- 3 drops of Cedarwood essential oil for its skin strengthening qualities and for treating acne-prone skin
- 6 tsp of Way of Will’s Skin Therapy carrier oil to protect and nourish the skin with plant-derived ingredients that delivers Vitamin E and Linolenic Acid to your child’s skin
Immune Booster DIY roller
- 10-15mL glass roller bottle
- 2 drops of Peppermint essential oil to open airways with its minty scent
- 2 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil to soothe respiratory ailments like congestion
- 1 drop of Tea Tree essential oil for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- 1 drop of Lemon essential oil for its uplifting effects
- 1 drop of Rosemary essential oil to clear mental fatigue
- 7 tsp of Moisture Therapy carrier oil to soothe the body and condition the skin
DIY recipes are enjoyable. What are some you like to try out with your kids at home?
You May Also Like:
How Can Essential Oils Enhance Sleep Quality?
It’s no surprise that many people globally suffer from lack of sleep.Read More ›
DIY Essential Oil Recipes for a Restful Sleep
Creating your own essential oil blends can be a fun way to experiment with aromatherapy and see what works best for you.Read More ›